World Peace Game
The year is 2014 and the world is on the brink of war.
Armies have been built up. Weapons are ready. The rich and poor divide grows bigger.
There are many animals facing extinction. The Earth is warming because we use oil, coal and natural gas to power our cars, homes and machines.
There are more and more countries building nuclear weapons to protect themselves. The world is populating faster than we can sustainably grow food and supply clean water. Some countries want to take your resources to become stronger and richer; other countries want to trade with you. What will you do?
Your challenge is to represent one country and solve all the major problems of the world with the other countries.
1. Create World Peace by stopping all conflict around the world
2. Increase your economy and every other economy by trading with countries
3. Avert (stop) Global Warming by reducing fossil fuel consumption and increasing green energy use
4. Protect the environment, your native plants and animals from becoming extinct
5. Stop Nuclear Weapons from spreading by getting rid of all nuclear weapons
6. Stop major disease and virus outbreaks
7. Improve the happiness levels of all your people in your country
Year 4 and 5 started the world peace game today. Below are some of their thoughts and achievements.